Just a few reminders coming into our first FULL week after the holidays…..
1. There is NO Kickboxing this weekend
2. Grab a coffee and swing by the gym to watch the ‘FASTING’ documentary on Sunday at 11am. Its about 1-1/2hrs long – just FYI. You’re welcome to bring a friend – it’s not just for members. We promise you, it’s worth the watch if you care about your health.
3. Our BUTTS-n-GUTS Thursday classes have been cancelled for the New Year. Monday’s at 1:15pm are still running. We will let you know when we figure out another time slot for this.
4. Our 6 Week Transformation Challenge starts JAN. 8th! ***There are still spots available.
5. We still have tickets for our CELEBRATION PARTY for NEXT SAT. JAN. 13th so don’t stress out! We’ve had some inquiries on dress attire – lets go…casual/dressy? We see you ALL the time in your sweats and vice versa so lets dress it up a bit folks ;)
6. Our Barbell Republic classes start up again on TUE. JAN. 9th at 6:15pm and will run every TUE and THU night for 6 weeks! You must have an unlimited membership in order to attend. This program is available to non-members as well – please email Coach Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
7. Our schedule is back to normal starting on Monday so teens, kids and open gym are all back to normal!
8. Online registration for the CrossFit Open starts Jan.11 – register at games.crossfit.com. If you have signed up in the past, use your same login info!
(a) 5min Mobility
(b) 20min Power Clean Warm up
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Power Cleans (185/125)
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Strict Pulls Ups
*pull ups – you can add weight (25/15) if doable
*kip is permissible w/weighted pull up, but only if you can safely do so without becoming lax at the bottom of the pull up for ALL 55 reps!
*15min time cap
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Power Cleans or Hang Power Cleans
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Ring Rows
-the overall pace of the workout will be a slow grind with strategic small sets to help preserve energy for the final rounds.
-The two pulling movements (barbell and gymnastics) are super-setted where each “round” is 11 reps (1 Power Clean + 10 Weighted Pull-ups, then 2 Power Cleans + 9 Weighted Pull-ups, and so on), with the volume of each movement totaling 55 repetitions.
-Touch and go may not be a good tactic here, as it jacks the heart rate up and increases the time under tension
Russian KBS (32/24)
10m Shuttle Sprint (5 mats)
*each time you reach one cone =’s one rep