Hey gang! You may have noticed some slight changes in our programming over the last few weeks.
At one point over the last few years, each of you has come to us to help you reach your fitness goals. And that’s exactly what we want to do — to help you achieve your goals as quickly and safely as possible. So please trust us. We would not change the programming if we did not feel it was in your best interest.
We understand that may be a lot to ask but remember, it’s also a big risk for us, as getting you that first pull up or 500lb deadlift is what keeps our business going!
So here is our guarantee:
* Our door is always open for honest feedback. If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out or speak up. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again now: Increasing your fitness across the board, and getting you those PRs, for years to come, is why we do what we do. Your opinions matter. So talk to us if you’re unhappy.
* This switch doesn’t have to be permanent. We see this new program as an experiment. So what we’re asking is that you keep an open mind. Also, please log your workouts so that we have data to review if you’re unhappy or feel like your numbers are sliding downhill.
You may have already noticed the new class structure as follows (most days):
1. You arrive, ready for game-on! DONE!
2. Custom Warmup: Every warmup is built specifically for the day’s workout so that your body’s muscles and joints are more prepared for the work. This piece is usually coach-led, it changes from day-to-day, and sometimes it may include a game!
3. Workout Prep: In this part of a class, you’ll review each moving piece of the lifts/movements and determine scales or substitutions. Depending on the day, this piece could also include skill or technique work for the associated movements, or loading schemes to prepare for a heavy day.
4. Workout Brief: We’ll explain the “why” or focus of the workout, and then give you personalized tips and strategies so that you can develop a plan of attack.
5. Workout: Each workout offers 2 levels of difficulty (RXD, and Fitness) so that everyone, no matter how long they’ve been doing CrossFit, or how fit they are, can get a quality workout that meets their needs and abilities. We also have a 3rd level which is COMPETITOR – please ask about this if you feel RX’d is not doing it for you.
6. Cool Down: There isn’t always a cool down, but some days will end with mobilizing or an extra little finisher.
We will also be getting festive this month with the ’12 Days of Mobility’ and the ’12 Days of Christmas Workout.’ As we build up to the end of the month, we’ll add a new mobility piece to the warm ups and cool downs – kinda like the ’12 Days of Christmas’ song!!!
As usual, please do not hesitate to contact John or myself about any concerns/questions you may have. We hope you guys are just as excited as we are for this new addition to our daily programming!
Michele, John and Team!!